sábado, 19 de diciembre de 2015

Off to Build Bridges Between Chile and England! Happy Christmas and Happy Holidays to all family, friends and clients around the world!!

As I prepare for my yearly trip back to England to take care of my amazing parents, I once again face the dilemma of where is home!! Where I was born and my parents and environment formed, to a large extent, who I am today? Or here in Chile, my adopted home since getting married to Carmen in 1976, where I have attempted to pass on some of these same beliefs, attitudes, values and habits to my equally amazing children and grandchildren?

In the past it was simple ... my parents were able to escape the cruel winters in England to join us for our warm summer holidays in Chile... and what a privilege that was!!  2 months of intensive sharing, exploring and learning.

This sketch by my mother is a treasured souvenir of one our holidays up North. What wonderful memories. If you add up the total number hours the average English family manages to spend relaxing with their parents, children and grandchildren every year on their monthly weekend trips cross country. I am sure it is less than 20% of the time we spent with Mum and Dad every summer for at least 15 years. My dear sister, Christine, has reason to be jealous!

So now comes the giving back! My independent profession and lifestyle fortunately gives me the opportunity to make these trips, but it ain't free! I am therefore thrilled to have the opportunity this year of representing my new found Canadian friends, Nicole and Leslie Bendaly from Kinect to explore the opportunity to contribute to healthcare in England with their excellent solutions, If this is successful we shall be translating their product shortly into Spanish, providing the bridge I have been looking to build so long between the two continents.

With this note of optimism to close what has undoubtedly been a challenging year for all of us, I would like to wish you all a peaceful and loving close to 2015, a very joyful festive season and a very positive start to the New Year!

Peace, Health and Happiness!

Philip Ray and family!

No hay comentarios:

Datos Profesionales